If you want to keep bees but don’t know where to begin, this course is for you
Join us at the farm and all your questions will be answered!
We are excited to partner with Bees for Development – who share beekeeping knowledge to strengthen livelihoods worldwide, and who have been running innovative sustainable beekeeping courses for almost 30 years in the UK.
Over a full day we will learn about:
- What bees need
- Life in a honey bee colony
- Bees’ role in a healthy landscape
- Getting started in beekeeping
- Choosing a beehive
- Obtaining bees by catching swarms
- Observing what your bees are up to
- Properties and uses of beeswax and propolis
- Harvesting and separating honey from beeswax
- Honey varieties and tasting
You will meet the bees in our onsite apiary, and you’ll get up close to them if the weather allows.
Delicious fresh lunch and hot drinks included in the price.